Tuesday, April 20, 2010

FRUGALILY IS NOT DEPRAVATION!!!!

I was listening to the radio taking kids to school and I heard somehting that struck me and I thought I should share with everyone!!

FRUGALITY IS NOT DEPRAVATION!!!!
Being frugal does not mean that we cannot have nice things, or name brand food or clothes, eat out, or any other luxuries we may want (coach purses :])!  It simply means that we will not pay more than we should, (for me that is full price!) or that just because we hear or see the word SALE we will buy.

Frugality is choosing to live a way of life that gives you freedoms in your budget.  I admit when I started it was difficult.  But now it is my way of life. I love having nice things, and  getting a good deal!!

Frugaliy can mean saving for a house, a college eduactaion pay down debt or a trip.  If you have a goal, you are more likely to stick with it!  It is similar to a diet, so you have to be strong and committed so that when you see something you want, you will have the ability to say NO if it is not necessary!!  My new theme is "do I need it right now"  Unless it is an amazing deal or something I need I will not buy.  My saving partner (my awesome husband!) helps to keep it in prospective!!

Here are a list of things that are simple to start right now:

Restaurants:
It has been said that the average american family spends $5000 a year in eating out.  That $5000 could be used to pay down debt
Order only water when you eat out.
Take advantage of Restaurant coupons
Save eating out for special occasions!!
Take advantage of Entertainment Books
Share entree's. (Studies have shown our portions in America are too large anyway)

Grocery Stores:
NEVER PAY FULL PRICE FOR ANYTHING!!
Don't buy what you don't need
Don't use a coupon if the item is not on sale
Don't be brand loyal-be willing to try other brands
Don't be swayed by signs in stores (stores spend record dollars to get you to buy)
Don't Impulse buy, or go to the store everyday to get items for dinner

DO:
Use coupons to maximize sales

Stockpile when you get a good deal
Be willing to shop at more than one store
Know base prices.  IE:  I won't buy cereal unless it is less than $1
Look at unit prices, because sometimes supersize is not the best deal
Use coupons for smaller items because you may get them for free!!
Always eat before going to store!!!  If you are hungry you will buy more
PLAN YOUR MENU'S

Retail Stores:
Shop for sales
Use coupons if they are availbale.  (because of the economy, most stores offer coupons!)
Check outlets and online (use online codes to save money on your order and shipping)
Know what you need!!
Inventory clothing and shoes, (donate what you don't use and replace with only necessities)

These are just a scratch of the surface of ways to $ave and have nice things!!! I hope this helps you to save, save, save!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Country Elements" kit.